23.04.2009

Wi-Fi Detecing Ball Point Pen


Nothing I like more than devices that can detect Wi-Fi networks. After all, when I am on the road with my laptop, there is nothing worse than being without a WiFi hotspot. Of course, I would prefer the idea of detecting an access point before I boot up my laptop rather than finding out afterwards.

I have seen all kinds of Wi-Fi detecting devices before. In all honesty, I’m not certain I want to add another mobile device to my collection of mobile devices. Yes, this is a device that you would carry around, as it works as an ordinary pen.

All you need to do is push a tiny button on the top of the thing, and 4 LEDs light up, which indicates the signal strength (1 for weakest and 4 for strongest) of the nearest Wi-Fi hotspot. It also requires 2 cell batteries, which are actually included.

There is a limitation to this, as it only detects B/G networks. It also does not detect whether or not the network is up and running, nor if a code-key is required. So don’t get too excited about finding that access point on the Wi-Fi detecting pen until you can get it to actually work.

If you definitely want this thing, then you should be able to get it at the USBFever site for about $13.99.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder